Become a Big Brother or Big Sister!
Become a Big Brother or a Big Sister to meet the needs of children who are waiting to be matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister. Male mentors are currently in demand to be matched with our waiting list of boys.
Our certified Big Brothers and Big Sisters provide high-risk children with a compass and direction for positive futures. Our programs develop higher aspirations, greater confidence and educational success. We help children realize their potential and build their futures. We nurture children and strengthen communities and we couldn’t do any of it without you!
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
Looking for a way to get involved in the DC community? In addition to becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister, here are some other ways you can get involved in our mentoring program:
- Host a “Bowl for Kids” party; raise money while having fun!
- Host a group of Bigs and Littles for a cultural event or educational trip.
- If you speak Spanish and are bilingual, volunteer in our Latino Outreach Initiative:
- Help BBBS with Latino community outreach
- Volunteer to create an event to benefit the program
- Raise money to host a “Beyond School Walls” program in Washington, DC or Prince George’s County, MD
- Join our alumni group. If you are former Big or Little, no matter where, but you now live in the DC Metro area, join our new alumni group. Get more information about our new Alumni group.
- Make a donation. Your donation will help a child to reach his or her full potential through an ongoing relationship with a caring and certified adult mentor.
For information on volunteering outside of becoming a Big, please contact Caiti Goodman, Communications & Outreach Manager, at email@example.com.